“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Any time there is any moisture from a small leak over a period of time or a large water loss that happens quickly, the water travels up on to the bottom of cupboards, in to the wall cavities, and in many places it is not visible such as behind mirrors on walls, and under closet carpets. SERVPRO of Lake Havasu City/Bullhead City/Kingman always quickly accesses how far the water or moisture has traveled as the first protocol. This assessment allows the teams to remove baseboards, place blocks under furniture legs, remove all personal belongings from affected area, drill in to wall cavities to place injecti-dry equipment. start testing, collect photos, build barriers, place all other drying equipment in place with a proper flow plan. Next, SERVPRO comes to test daily at the site and records each test.
Once moisture is dried quickly, dryall is pulled. Our skilled & Certified Technicians know how many feet the drywall will need cut and removed during drying.
Testing will check carpets, flooring, walls, and more, daily for 100% dry.
SERVPRO has other teams that follow, making sure all demo has been completed and planning repairs. Construction Repairs, Plumbing Replacement from cause of damage, baseboard & Drywall replacement happens, and then remodeling teams apply texture to walls, matching paint, flooring, and any materials needed to bring the space back to "Like it never even happened," order for our customers.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (928) 855-9111
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (928) 855-9111
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Lake Havasu City / Bullhead City / Kingman is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2070 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: